Almost RAW Broccoli Dip

This is going to be a mini-post. I just threw together the most delicious spread. Call it a dip, a spread, or even Pate. ( I don't know how to make that little fancy accent mark over the e :-) Call it what you like but I call it YUMBO! I have posted the photos to the Leafy Cafe facebook page but here is the recipe. I am eating it so fast that I had to stop, take a break and write the recipe and enter this post. I'll explain more about my quest for all things RAW later.
 Ingredients:
2 c. Broccoli Florets
3/4 c. Garbanzo Beans
2 T. RAW Tahini Paste
2 LG Garlic Cloves
2-3 chopped Green Onions
1 T. Nutritional Yeast
1 T. Ground Flaxseed
1 T. low sodium Tamari
1 T. fresh Lemon Juice
pinch cayenne
Method:
Blanch and rinse broccoli by pouring boiling water over it in a colander and then rinse with cool water. Broccoli will be bright green. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until nicely mixed, then blend for desired consistency.

Garnish with toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds, tumeric, parsley or even smoked paprika and enjoy with carrot sticks, cucumber wedges, or your choice of crisp veggies.

Gotta Go Eat More!

Comments

Popular Posts