Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes



This morning I needed a fantastic 'Welcome Home Honey!' Kind of breakfast without too much fuss. I managed to pull it off with these scrum-dilly pancakes made mostly from odds & ends leftovers I had in the fridge.
I am the Queen of reinventing leftover food (along other things) and as we are heading out of town, I would not be going to the grocery store for any ingredients. I took a look in the fridge and found the following items:
1/2 apple
1/3 can organic pumpkin
1/3 small bottle Maine Maple Syrup
1 cup cooked steel cut oats with coconut
These were items left from my demo at the 10th Annual Victorian Tea and Breast Health Fair. I immediately knew what to make !

Gluten-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes for  my sweetie & me!

Wait, out of non dairy milk! Not to worry, have Almond Butter, dates, vanilla & h2o, into the blender with that.
I also found a partial bag of gluten-free flour blend left from a birthday cake order so into the bowl it all went. These were the most delicious pancakes I've ever made, and I do not love pancakes! Here's the recipe, as best I can estimate because I really did throw it altogether .
Gluten-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes with Apple & Cinnamon
Ingredients:
11/2 c.GF Flour blend 
1/4 c. Pumpkin
1/2 Apple, diced small
Egg Replacer for 2 eggs (flax or Ener-G)
1 c. Non dairy milk
1/3 c. Leftover, cooked steel-cut oats
1/2 T. Cinnamon

Method:
Mix it all together but do not over mix.
Thin or thicken with oats or more nd milk to you desired consistency. 
Drop onto heated non-stick pan using a 1/4c . Measure. Flip when bubbling & edges are brown.
Enjoy with maple syrup and pumpkin, apple, oatmeal garnishes!!

It's what keeps him coming home I'm sure!! Tomorrow we'll have a Mexican-style burrito breakfast with tofu, ok honey??

SLAINTE!!

Comments

Popular Posts