|Chocolate-Hazelnut Cutie Pies|
Chocolate Hazelnut Cutie Pies
3 dozen cookies
I had my convection oven at 325 degrees
1 c. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 c. Unbleached All Purpose Flour
2/3 c. Cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1/4 c. Canola Oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1 c. sugar
2 T ground flax meal
1/2 c. non-dairy milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract (or hazelnut if you have it, or use hazelnut liqueur)
1/2. c. vegan chocolate chips
1/2 c. toasted hazelnuts
banana soft serve
Frozen, peeled Bananas
maybe some non-dairy milk
1. Sift flours, baking soda and cocoa together and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, blend oil, applesauce, and sugar together.
3. Add flax, milk, vanilla & almond extracts to the sugar mixture and combine well.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches and stir until a stiff dough forms.
5. Add chocolate chips and hazelnuts and stir until well incorporated, this will be a bit of a challenge with the stiff dough.
6. Drop by rounded spoonfuls (dough should be nicely shaped 1 " balls in order for the cookies to turn out similar sizes. I use a small scoop) onto parchment or silicone mat-lined sheet pans.
7.Moisten your palms and flatten each cookie dough ball out - SPLAT! to make 2" discs.
8. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to sit on sheet pan for a few minutes, because if you do not, you will loose half of the cookie. The cake-like bit comes out of the bottom if you take these off the pan too soon.
9. Transfer to a rack to cool. You can now enjoy these as cookies or proceed to make Cutie Pies out of them.
Banana Soft Serve
If you are lucky enough to own a masticating juicer or a Yonana machine, you just push the frozen banana through the chute and out comes the yummy dairy, sugar and fat free soft serve. BUT if you do not own one of these, fear not, you can still make this delicious treat in your food processor.
Cut the frozen banana into 1 - 2" chunks and place in food processor. Process for about 3 minutes or until creamy. You might need to add a tiny bit of non-dairy milk, but be sure to do so sparingly.
Use the same cookie scoop or tablespoon to dollup one scoop of banana soft serve onto a cookie then top with another cookie and EAT! I have some in the freezer right this moment to see how they fare. I'll let you know on Facebook.
Have a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful Memorial Day Everyone!!!!