How does your Garden Grow?

Peas in a Pod
It has been a busy Summer. We've had four weddings and a baby in our family in the past 12 months, growing our already large tribe into an even bigger, better bunch thanks to all of the new additions.





Patricia married Ronnie (aka the Gypsy Biker), baby Ellis was born to Caitlin and Jeff (who's wedding was really the first in a long succession of weddings but over a year ago!) then Anna married Ryan, Caley married Chris and most recently, Tiernan and Rachel were wed.  Yes, very exciting times indeed!
A BUNCH of peas in pods!

It has also been a busy year for me, with my businesses and garden all growing by leaps and bounds. The garden is bursting with Garden Beans, Kale, Broccoli Rabe, Eggplants, Tomatoes, melons and pumpkins, well, you get the picture. I have been teaching the Food for Life classes funded by a mini-grant from the Maine Cancer Consortium all over the county this Summer and have only 2 left to teach.

We ran a FULL, 4-class series on Cancer Prevention at The Picker Family Resource Center from July - August and I have given several lectures/presentations including a presentation at the Jackson Lab in Bar Harbor for accepting the MCC grant and some work with personal trainers Betsy Kingsley and Steph Williams  at the MRC. I started to make and sell some of prepared foods at the Union Farmers Market and the Washington Farmers and Friends Markets on Friday's and Saturdays. This experience has been a real pleasure for me. I have been catering to customers who wish to eat differently for reasons of food allergies, intolerance, or health concerns making vegan, raw, and other specialty plant-based foods. A midst all of these endeavors, I have maintained my blog and tapes several "Nutri-mercials" ... until a few weeks ago.
peddling my wares at the State of Maine Cheese Company Farmers Market!

I have always loved working at Inns and started an "Innsitting" business a few years back. A few weeks ago, I was hired as an "interim" Innkeeper at a beautiful, Select Registry property in Lincolnville Beach, Maine - The Inn at Sunrise Point. Well, when I saw the ad for this particular inn, I knew I was the right person for the job and hoped they would have me, and they did!! Unfortunately what this means is something's gotta give (before I do).
Coastal Maine Bed and Breakfast
The Inn at Sunrise Point has a rocking chair porch which reminds me of 1008 Union in GA, but look at the VIEW!!
In order to keep up with all of the other things on my plate and the work demands of the Inn,  I will no longer be present at any of the Farmer's Markets.  I do still have my licences and can still provide individuals with product on a private basis so please call or email me if you would like any of those delicious Leafy Cafe to Go-Go items you cannot live without!! The following items will still be available on a regular basis:

Sprouted "I am Grateful" Granola
Veggie Burgers
Non-dairy Cheeze
Dairy-free Pestos
Kale Krunchers
Custom items, private cooking lessons, cooking class parties, private chef services, health and nutritional consulting are all still available too.

A new Food for Life class series for Cancer Prevention has been posted. The price will be going up as Hannafords will no longer be funding the grocery bill. You can sign up early for a 20% discount HERE. I will remain in Maine until late October, after the Victorian Tea for Breast Cancer, then make the trek down to Georgia for the Winter. The Leafy Cafe Cooking School will have a re-boot with new and exciting classes and recipes and I will again teach the Food for Life series at the St. Simons Health and Fitness Club.

Thats all for now Folks!

Comments

Popular Posts